On our multi-site journey Jim Tomberlin from Scottsdale, Arizona has been extremely helpful. He is a recognised expert in this area having seen Willow Creek Community Church successfully through its own multi-site strategy. Look at the enclosed link – there’s even a free e-book!
FAST FACTS ABOUT MULTISITE – from Jim Tomberlin
• Multi-site churches outnumber megachurches.
• Two-thirds of multi-site churches are denominational.
• Multi-sites reach more people and mobilize more volunteers.
• One in three multi-sites added a campus through a merger.
• One in four multi-sites has a campus in another language.
• One in five multi-sites birthed a "grandchild" campus.
• One in 10 has an Internet campus.
• In-person teaching is utilized more than video.
• Average size of a church going multisite: 850.
• Eighty-five percent of multi-site churches have three or fewer geographic locations.
• Average attendance of a multi-site church: 1,300.
• Multi-site campuses have a 90 percent success rate.
One Hundred and Forty Years in Cape Town
4 months ago